Project Manager – Museums + Environments
Art Guild has built its reputation on relentless integrity and by offering customers a superior overall experience as we turn museum designs into built reality. For over 50 years we have fabricated a variety of exhibits for venues such as children’s museums, science centers, natural history museums, history museums, visitor centers and botanical gardens. Our M+E Team is dedicated exclusively to museum fabrication and staffed by an experienced group of museum professionals.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and personable Project Manager as part of the M+E Team for the following responsibilities:
• Manage design-build and straight fabrication projects from concept to completion. including primary responsibility for all fabrication, installation and close-out, ensuring all components are correct and to specification. (Project duration may vary from 2 months to 2 years.)
• Serve as primary point-of-contact with designers, clients, and all project stakeholders.
• Manage an established fabrication process, schedule all material acquisitions, subcontract specialty fabrication, and coordinate in-house resources.
• Organize estimates with a production plan to deliver on time and on budget. Generate working timelines, incorporating all deliverables needed to meet both internal and external milestones.
• Coordinate with Vendors, Subcontractors, Shop Production, Interactive Technologies, Estimator, Graphic Production, Detailers, Purchasing, and others, as required.
• Superior communication and planning skills.
• Five years related experience working with museum projects and/or specialty fabrication.
• Ability to understand and interpret design, architectural, and engineering drawings.
• Knowledgeable in the use and procurement of specialty materials and hardware used in museum fabrication.
• Working knowledge of common technical requirements and guidelines related to museums and play environments, such as ADA and ASTM. Knowledge of AIC and AIA standards helpful.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in museum studies, architecture, industrial design, or related field is preferred.
Our company offers competitive pay, medical, dental, disability, life, 401K and diverse group of exceptional coworkers.
Please contact: David M. Egner, Vice President, Museum Services, Art Guild, 300 Wolf Drive, West Deptford, NJ 08086, email@example.com.